Horse saddles can weigh as much as 50 lbs, therefore your saddle stand needs to be robust and durable. You should store saddles on some sort of saddle stand or rack to keep them in good condition, with nice straight trees and uniformly distributed padding. A saddle stand that is wide enough to hold the majority of the saddle’s construction is a better option than something as straightforward as a padded sawhorse in this situation. Here are some steps on how to build a horse saddle stand.
- How To Bridle And Saddle A Horse
- How To Break A Horse To Saddle
- How To Know What Size Saddle My Horse Needs
Table of Contents
3 ½” J hooks
Instructions For Building A Saddle Stand:
- After cutting the wood to the length required for the number of racks you intend to use, paint it in accordance with the paint can’s directions and allow it to dry.
- One 2′ x 4′ and one 20″ x 4′ piece of wood are used for each saddle rack. Place the 2′ piece on top of the 20″ piece while holding it up on its skinny side. Place a screw on either end after aligning the edges. For every rack, repeat.
- A J hook should be lined up with an eye hook so that the eye hook threads through the wall mount side of the rack just before the end. Make pencil marks on the screw holes. Remove the eye hook, then screw the J hook to the saddle rack’s top. For every rack, repeat.
- Use studs to firmly mount the finished rack to the wall. In order to make sure it is strong, we advise using long screws.
Final Thoughts On How To Build A Saddle Stand
Wood stands are a type of furniture that can be both aesthetically pleasing and useful as a saddle stand. A full-grown adult can comfortably sit on the saddle if the stand is constructed with an angled top that resembles an A-frame. Since they look lovely and can withstand many years of customers checking saddle fit and comfort, wood stands are highly popular in saddle and tack shops. To ensure accurate dimensions for this project, you may have to put in a little extra work, but once your saddles are in place, it will all be worth it.