How to teach a horse to canter over jumps
We get asked a lot of questions here at [website] about how to teach horses to canter over jumps. Although this might seem daunting, it is actually quite simple. These are some tips to get you started.
1. Begin with small jumps. It’s important that you start with small jumps when you first begin. This will allow your horse to get used to jumping and give you the opportunity to improve your technique.
2. You must ensure that your horse is well-trained. It is important that your horse is trained properly before you begin jumping. He should be able stop, canter, and turn on cue.
3. Use positive reinforcement. Positive reinforcement is important when training horses to jump. Positive reinforcement means rewarding your horse for doing something well. You can reward your horse by giving him a treat, or patting him on the head after he successfully jumps.
4. Be patient. It takes patience and time to learn how to jump. Don’t get discouraged if your horse doesn’t get it right away. Keep working and your horse will eventually master it.
5. Seek professional assistance. A professional can help you teach your horse how to jump. An instructor with experience can help you solve any issues you have and offer additional advice and tips.
These tips will help you to teach your horse how to jump over jumps. You’ll succeed if you are patient and use positive reinforcement.