There are some things to remember when you move your horse’s front quarters under saddle. These are some tips to help you get started.
1. Begin by teaching your horse how to yield his forequarters. This will allow your horse to understand what you are asking him to do next.
2. After your horse has learned how to give their forequarters, it is time to ask them to move their forequarters. Start by asking your horse to walk over a small obstacle such as a ground stick or jump.
3. You can raise the height of the obstacle as your horse becomes more comfortable moving their forequarters. It’s also possible to ask your horse to move his forequarters while you’re riding.
4. When you ask your horse to do something for the first time, ensure that they are safe. Start small and build up to get a better idea of your horse’s reaction.
5. As they learn, be patient with them. They may need to practice it for a while before they master it.
These tips will help you teach your horse how to move their forequarters under the saddle. Try them out and let us know how it goes.